All core facilities
- Cytometry and Cell Sorting Facility
- Functional Genomics
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Medical Statistics
The Bioinformatics Platform of IDIBAPS is mainly devoted to the analysis and support in the interpretation of data coming from “omics” high-throughput experiments using complex statistical methodologies in the basic biomedicine research. The benefits of the integration of different types of data are nowadays considered an important improvement in biological/biomedical studies, however, the combination of data coming from the Transcriptomics, Genomics, Proteomics, or Metabolomics fields require huge efforts in the development of specific analysis, tools, and databases.
We are deeply involved in differential expression or classification studies in complex “omics” data in order to characterize and prioritize the most important features in pathological processes. We are focused on the analysis of differential network studies aiming to understand very complex biological problems to determine key pathogenic factors and the discovery of specific biomarkers for diagnosis. At present, the emerging field of Systems Biology is aimed at analyzing and integrating data from the entire “omics” field to ultimately create working models of entire biological systems.
Bioinformatics support in different areas of biomedical research, particularly in OMICS technologies; development of new tools and diffusion:
- Consultancy and Analysis : counselling in experimental design; low-level and quality control analyses; orientation on biostatistical resources; assistance in tools utilisation; intensive analysis of OMICS technology data in collaborative settings; interpretation of results
- Administration of Bioinformatic resources and Development of new tools : access to proprietary computer resources on Linux servers (specially in NGS projects); software management; development of customised tools and databases, particularly in web settings
- Dissemination: course and seminar organization
- 2 rack Servers HP ProLiant DL580 G7 4P Intel® Xeon® E7-4870 10-cores, 2,40GHz, Hyper-Threading Technology (80 threads per node), 30 MB CPU cache, 192 GB RAM. Internal Hard disk: 2 x 300GB 6G SAS 10K SFF. O.S.: 64b Suse Linux Enterprise Server configured with SGE System (Sun Grid Engine).
- Rack Server HP ProLiant DL580 G7 4P Intel® Xeon® E7-4850 10-cores, 2,00GHz, Hyper-Threading Technology (80 threads per node), 24 MB CPU cache, 128 GB RAM. Internal Hard disk: 2 x 300GB 6G SAS 10K SFF. O.S.: 64b Suse Linux Enterprise Server configured with SGE System (Sun Grid Engine).
- Rack Server HP ProLiant DL580 G7 2P Intel® Xeon® E7-4830 8-cores, 2,13GHz, Hyper-Threading Technology (32 threads per node), 24 MB CPU cache, 64 GB RAM. Internal Hard disk: 2 x 300GB 6G SAS 10K SFF. O.S.: 64b Suse Linux Enterprise Server.
- IBM eServer BladeCenter HS21 Server. 1P Intel® Xeon® E5-345 4-cores, 2,33 GHz. 8 MB CPU cache, 16GB RAM. Attached Hard Disk DAS: 500 GB (Raid 5). O.S..: 64b Suse Linux Enterprise Server.
- Rack Server HP ProLiant DL580 G5 4P Intel® Xeon® X7350 4-cores, 2,93GHz, 8 MB CPU cache, 32 GB RAM. Internal Hard disk: 2 x 146GB 6G SAS 10K SFF. O.S: 64b Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server.
- High Performance Storage System (HPSS) for High Performance Computing (HPC) EMC-Isilon, 3 nodes X200, 24 TB (72 Tb, Raid 5), 12GB CPU cache, with internal infiniband connection. Scalability up to 15PB. O.S.: OneFS configured with Parallel NFS.
- External SAS storage HP MSA60, 8 TB 2U Serial Attach SCSI.
- Back up rack-mount tape autoloader - HP LTO-5 Ultrium. Capable up to 24TB of compressed capacity with hp p212/256 smart array controller