The European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
The European Commission has adopted the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. These documents are a set of general principles and requirements which specifies the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of researchers as well as of employers and/or funders of researchers.
The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers
The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) supports institutions in the implementation of the Charter & Code in their policies and practices. This initiative will render the research institutions more attractive to researchers looking for a new employer. For the funding organisations it will contribute to the attractiveness of their national research systems and the European Research Area.
The HRS4R is articulated in five main steps:
- Step 1: Internal gap analysis by the institution.
- Step 2: Institutional HR Strategy for Researchers (Action Plan).
- Step 3: Acknowledgement of the HR Strategy for Researchers by the European Commission. The logo "HR Excellence in Research" identifies the acknowledged institutions.
- Step 4: Implementation of the actions and self-assessment process after 2 years.
- Step 5: Implementation of the external evaluation after 4 years and renewal of the acknowledgement.
The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers at IDIBAPS
In 2011, IDIBAPS signed a letter of commitment to the Charter & Code with the aim to implement, whereas possible, their policies and practices. Because of the taken commitment, IDIBAPS was accepted as a member of the European Third Cohort of institutions of HRS4R.
IDIBAPS starts implementing its own HRS4R in 2014 with the objective to be recognized as a European research institute promoting a stimulating and favorable work environament.
On April 24th 2015 IDIBAPS is awarded with the logo "HR Excellence in research" by the European Commission. Since this moment, IDIBAPS starts the implementation of the 3-year HRS4R Action Plan (2015 – 2018).
- 06/07/2016 Meeting FCRB- IDIBAPS in order to define the contents for the Welcome Pack and Welcome Day
- 05/07/2016 Direction Board: approval of the Training plan and standard process for internal evaluations
- 15/06/2016 2nd Meeting of the Training Committee: results of the prioritization
- 11/05/2016 Prioritization of the training topics by a sample of pre-doctoral and post-doctoral researchers
- 28/04/2016 Follow-up meeting of the implementation of the HRS4R Action Plan
- 08/04/2016 Prioritization of training topics by the Committee members
- 03/03/2016 First Meeting of the Training Committee and presentation of the topics to be prioritized
- 26/02/2016 Analysis of the recruitment practice at IDIBAPS completed
- 04/12/2015 Internal call for the creation of the Training Committee
- 02/11/2015Kick-off Meeting: starts the implementation of the HRS4R Action Plan
- 24/04/2015European Comission: IDIBAPS is acknowledged with the logo “HR Excellence in Research”
- 03/02/2015European Comission: proposal of including minor improvements to the plan.
- 17/11/2014IDIBAPS: application for the European Commission’s acknowledgement.
- 01/10/2014Board of Governors of IDIBAPS: approval of the Action Plan.