Clinical and experimental neuroscience
Dra. Anna Planas
(IIBB - CSIC)
This area of IDIBAPS specialises in the study of neurological and psychiatric diseases. Based on the excellent cooperation between the experimental and clinical units, its 11 teams conduct research into topics ranging from the study of the structure/function relationship in the nervous system and its basic molecular mechanisms for neurotransmission and cell death to the development and evaluation of new experimental therapies. It also includes innovative trends such as systems neuroscience.
Some of the pathologies studied are neurodegenerative and autoimmune diseases of the nervous system and serious psychiatric disorders. The different teams complement one another by sharing objectives, techniques and know-how. The public and private investments in this area, as well as its scientific output, are proof of its considerable human and technical potential.
- Neuropharmacology and experimental neuropathology Guadalupe Mengod (IIBB-CSIC)
- Brain ischemia: Clinical and experimental studies Ángel Chamorro (Hospital Clínic)
- Neurodegenerative diseases: Clinical and experimental research Alzheimer.
Raquel Sánchez del Valle - Parkinson.
Dra. M. Josep Martí
- Neurophysiology and functional studies of the nervous system Josep Valls Solé (Hospital Clínic)
- Muscle research and mitochondrial function Josep M. Grau (Hospital Clínic)
- Pathophysiology and treatment of neurodegenerative disorders Jordi Alberch (UB)
- Biological bases of psychiatric disorders and nuclear psychiatry Miguel Bernardo (Hospital Clínic)
- Neuropsychology Carme Junqué (Facultat de Medicina)
- Systems neuroscience Maria Victoria Sánchez Vives (ICREA-IDIBAPS)
- Clinical and experimental neuroimmunology Josep Dalmau (ICREA-IDIBAPS)
- Neurobiology Unit Ramon Trullàs (IIBB-CSIC)